The 2022 Dancing with the Shuswap Stars will be bringing all the excitement back to the dance floor at the Salmon Arm Community Centre on Friday, November 18.
There are a few new twists for this year’s event including a change in our dance categories. The perennially popular Couples Category will bring rookie contestants in to learn a totally new dance while they raise money for the Shuswap Hospice Society.
For the 2022 season, we have brought back some familiar faces to strap their dancing shoes back on for another turn on the dance floor. Our All-Stars will go head-to-head and toe-to-toe in a quest for the first All-Star championship trophy!
In the Couples category:
- Shawn and Shelley Desautels – Shawn is the owner of Whizbang Boxing, Salmon Arm’s newest boxing gym and Shelley is an Okanagan College GIS instructor and owns her own business, Mighty Owl Mapping.
- Morgan and Tyler Stevenson – Morgan cares for animals as a Veterianrian at the Shuswap Vet Clinic, while Tyler is a firefighter with the City of Salmon Arm.
- Brian Elidoros and Megan Friesen – Brian is the owner of Hillside Construction and Megan is the operator of an Air B&B.
- Terry & Kim Kushniruk – Terry is a friendly face at Lordco and Kim works downtown at Redd’s Threads Clothing.
In the All-Stars Category:
- Phil McIntryre-Paul – Coming back from the 2018 event, Phil is well-known for his work with the Shuswap Trail Alliance and will be dancing with City Dance co-owner Heather Stranks.
- Josh and Joanne Bickle – The winners of the Couples Category with their sexy Bachata in 2019, Josh and Joanna own and operate Integrity Roofing Corp. and Standard Roofing (2016) Ltd.
- Tracy Hughes and Orlando Robertson – Pro-Am category winners in 2016, Tracy does communications work for the Columbia Shuswap Regional District and her dance partner Orlando runs a beekeeping and honey business in Grindrod.
- Missy MacKintosh – Makeup artist and entrepreneur, Missy continues to expand her MisMacK clean makeup line and her retail operations. After dancing with City Dance co-owner Jens Goerner in 2018, they will return to this year’s line-up.
- Jim and Marcia Beckner – After winning the Couples Category in 2016, this couple has not slowed down in their retirement, continuing with cycling, skiing and paddling, as well as singing, gardening and acting.
More detailed biographies and information about the 2021 Dancing with the Shuswap Stars event is available at the Dancing with the Shuswap Stars website. And the fundraising effort for Dancing with the Shuswap Stars starts now!
The public can make online donations to support your favourite couple by purchasing star votes for $5. Each $5 contribution counts as one vote towards a couple’s vote total. Advance voting will be combined with voting on the night of the gala to determine the winning dance couple.
So, get your votes in now at www.shuswapstars.ca